Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2021, 01:42 PM   #13
Gebills

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Synergy
State: Arizona
THOR #12461
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorianR View Post
Hi,

I was wondering if there was any sort of mechanism that an RV has that can support hanging a colonial lantern on? I want to put either a gas or electric lantern in my RV from this site

https://frenchmarketlanterns.com/

Is there anything I can do in an RV to properly hang them?

Thanks
FlorianR, yes is the short answer on being able to hang either a sconce style wall light or a ceiling hung light. I’ve been doing it for years in my RVs with shelves, cabinets, safety grab bars and lights. You just have to find What will probably be a metal channel or wood stud behind your wall or ceiling board to support the weight you’re trying to hang, and then select the proper fastener to hang your light through the wall board and into your wood or metal stud/brace. What the forum users are pointing out to you though, are the parts of your project that involve planning and sometimes frustrating work, i.e., running the power cabling from the proper power source. If you put your cabling on the surface it looks tacky, so you would probably want to wire underneath your surface panels. That’s going to take some work, or hire some technician to do the project. With the onset of LED lights, you would be doing yourself a favor using this technology rather than incandescent or fluorescent light. I would suggest that the inside of a RV May not be the best place to run LP gas due to the danger of using it inside an RV while it’s not particularly being monitored, like you would monitor a propane oven or range. Good luck with your project.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum