Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 03:18 PM   #18
lwmcguire

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I've made the decision I will not be taking the Magnitude out in any potential snow conditions..... even with 4WD... and not because of the road conditions.

When you look at how things like the leveling power unit, wiring and other systems are exposed under the chassis any road salt would just tear everything up and wreak havoc.
I try to avoid snow and or ice and drive many miles often on alternate routes. Every fall and spring we get caught somewhere that requires driving a stretch of the route and the ensuing cleanup is the pits for the Tuscany and Towed

Sometimes it is just a 50 mile segment or so but still requires the same diligence in the clean up and associated cost

So I agree, when possible avoid it but if you do get road crud wash carefully very throroughly soon as possible

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum