Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 05:11 PM   #48
BSexton

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Georgia
THOR #5927
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyZ View Post
I see it's an older post but have a question:

Did you just run a hot wire from the battery and put a fuse holder in it? Or how did you run the pwer to the seats? I'm only going to install a power seat base on the driver side of mine next week. Just wondering how you wired yours? You want the seat to have power all the time, not just when key in on. Right?
That’s exactly what I did. I ran an appropriately size wire from the dash, through the firewall and down to a post near the battery. I think I actually tied in to the solenoid for the emergency start on the chassis battery size. I put an inline fuse size from the instructions on the power seat base. Then I ran the wire under the carpet to the seat base locations.

It wasn’t the most elegant solution, but it works.

I can say now that I have a couple of years, this was the biggest impact changes I made so far on the RV. I’m not completely wore out after a day for 450 miles.

Oh, BTW, I also added a few spacers on the front bolts of the chairs to give them a little more slope to the back.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.