Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 05:40 PM   #12
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by ederd View Post
Cable is the alternative to using your antenna. It has many more channels of you can get it to work and I can 't. "What is Cable?" . ..Your joking, right?
Actually, I kind of thought you were? But it is clear to me now that you have a 5th wheel and it may be in some permanent location... generally speaking.

I know of cable years and years ago growing up etc., but we don't have cable as you speak at home let alone in a RV

There are two things on our RV that we have never touched or even verified they work.

1. The suction line for pumping antifreeze in our fresh water line, unless I move to Minnesota or similar I will never put RV antifreeze in our fresh water supply line.

2. I actually had to go outside and look, but after almost 1 1/2 years I see where we do have built in wiring jack in our outside electrical bay for Satellite Main, Satellite Aux and Cable. I also see a Switch inside my Entertainment Center to turn Antenna on/off, ( I assume if Off; it will allow what is feeding through the coax to the TVs?) But I do not see how you can switch from or across Satellite Main, Satellite Aux and Cable assuming you had all 3 connected? If you only should connect one at a time, what is the point of having Satellite Main & Aux?

But in my mind and to your question, I thought you were joking if trying to get cable wired to a RV? You certainly could not use it if you were moving as you could Satellite or Streaming devices, nor if you were to go someplace tailgating etc? I have never been at a campsite that has cable, but I guess they must exist? If they did we would not use in favor of our streaming from devices, Wifi or something similar. FWIW, I do like the antenna when traveling to try to get the flavor for local stations to wherever we are. When we stream; our YouTube TV, it still thinks we are in Dallas.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.