Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 02:07 PM   #24
jonesyracing

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 45lt
State: Colorado
THOR #21333
Jacktextor, Sounds like you and I are on the same page with planned repairs. Also, Scubawise, I emailed Thor service reporting the problem and questioning warranty as someone mentioned 10 years structural warranty. They denied but offered assistance in the way of answering any questions I may have. I informed them I will handle it along with the numerous other issues that I am having that I did not have with my previous 20 year old coach from another manufacturer. JackTextor, another question for you since you have the same model and year; Have you found that driving in cold temps the cold outside air coming from under the dash makes it hard for the dash heater to even keep you warm? I spent an entire day trying to seal up the hood, and gaps between the under hood area and firewall under dash. I also tried to insulate the hoses that direct the heat to the windshield. We couldn't continue driving in the snow on a trip in December because the defroster would not keep the windshield from freezing up. Also when we bought this we thought the previous owner didn't do much for keeping it clean back in the back bedroom area, but after being on the road found that unacceptable amounts of air blow in from the back of the slides back in the bedroom. The slides were closed tight, and the seals are all in good condition. I believe it is coming from the wheel wells, and the black we cleaned from the walls is from brake dust from over time. Driving in cold temps we had to run the dash heater on high and run the aqua hot heat continuously and still had to drive with jackets, and a blanket on my legs.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum