Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 01:12 AM   #1
BC1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 24HE
State: New York
THOR #20090
Tire filling, Valves, Compressor, TPMS

Hi everyone, Hope you are all doing well. I've been MIA for a while (really busy working). I'm sure parts of this have been discussed ad nauseum so please don't beat me up for posting this LOL.

Unlike the past ones, with my current MH I don't have a male helper LOL. I have everything else figured out except the filling tires nightmare. I really have to figure something out that works very easy for me for checking, filling tires myself quickly as first trip is coming up fast.

Even my front and outside dual tires are not at a great angle to fill but obviously not as bad as the inside duals (which are luckily a fairly straight shot through the outer wheel).

Last season (my 1st with this MH), I just bought some air chucks that sort of fit my tire valve situations. This year I am just going to remove the wheel simulators for the season which will help but even with that and the best angled chucks I could find I just can't get a great connection to check pressure and fill.

I don't want to bother with valve extenders or replacing tires with longer valves if I can avoid it so here's what I'm thinking. I'm going to take to a truck stop and see if they have better chucks for my situation and if not then I want to get flexible valve extenders just to use while filling - so I would put them on to fill up and check pressure easier then just remove them - Does that sound stupid?

I plan on getting a Viair 400P (not the RV one) unless someone wants to recommend a cheaper alternative that they like almost as much.

Once I get the filling/checking pressure part figured out I will get a TPMS (easiest set up/use one I can find even if it costs more as I don't want to be playing around with install, etc. - but I haven't looked into these much and never had them on previous MHs).

I'd appreciate any thoughts on the above. Thanks very much in advance.
Take care, Beth

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum