Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 09:00 PM   #17
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Are all sites the same at campground? I've stayed at a few campgrounds where they had dedicated 50-A at some sites (like those for larger rigs) and the rest had at least 30-A.
Same campground... and they do have 30 elsewhere in park...
Still have typically seen both 30/50 on 50A pedestals so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
I have been to a few parks where there is only 50 and 20 amp on the pedestal. Some of them had 30 amp service at some sites but the larger and often times nicer sites were set up for 50 amp.

Also, I was ready an article awhile back that said as parks are renovating and improving they are going to 50 amp rather than 30 amp.
True - I am on one of the larger sites by request... A little extra room makes a big difference for a 3+ month stay.

Makes sense for the campground not to pay the expense for both outlets, and an additional breaker on each pedestal when upgrading... Adds up quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
Think I found the answer to my question. The 50 amp plug has 110 VAC/25 amp on each of its "hot" legs. When using the adapter it only draws from one leg -- 110 VAC/25 amp. So it is using 25 amps rather than 30 amps. Guess you'd have to watch your total load since your are drawing 5 amps less than a normal 30 amp service.
Actually have access to the full 50amps (110/120V) The limit is your coach's 30A main breaker... but you can run everything you normally would with no issue...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum