Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2021, 05:47 PM   #546
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
I mentioned a septic tank problem on another thread.

Had the tank pumped on a Sunday.
We're guessing $600 but we'll be billed.
Had the line reamed, a whole 10feet from the tank. $509 on a holiday.

I asked them if they'd rather have the labor hours or use my backhoe.
We used my backhoe for the dig and I'm well versed, like have done 150+pumps and can ream a line with the best of them. I knew where the covers were and I knew within a foot of where the blockage was. I showed the pumpers how to set their fuel screws for the altitude change and told them where the rock they had sucked up was in their suction hose.

I PROUDLY used local folks who are having a bad time of it, even toilets aren't clogging like they used to. I'm both companies only call for the weekend.

I could have done it myself.
The toilet flange that would have found broken or broke myself, the 90° 20 year old plastic elbow... I'd have had to build the tool to make the tool to build the jig to make the required tool.

As it was, the backhoe was so dead it wouldnt take a jump. My electronic jumper decided it didn't like glow plugs, I rummaged for jumper cables decidng a 50 yard walk in the snow was better than a 200yard walk to the place I wouldn't have to rummage through. Swapped batteries for a LYING BASTARD that had only surface charged, jumped it. Filled the entire shop with blue smoke, had to open all doors at 27°f and let out the smoke...and heat.
AND
I was STILL 100yards from where the damn thing was needed in the first place.
Some things I'd just rather pay for, but there I was anyway, running a damn backhoe and wrangling a pump truck.

Both company's, their guys said it was the first tip they'd had in a year. I wasn't turning them loose without a tip. I can't believe people do.
Tank was 1.5 hours, plug was 30 minutes.

Just a story about the sister-in-law and her SUPPOSEDLY SAFE babybutt wipe stupidity.
Plugged us up in the line at a pipe seam. Wouldn't degrade in water.

The entire earth is biodegradable Dammit! Some things appear more distant....

Punchline;
Shut UP about your buttwipes. You'll plug your line on your black tank.
And we'll all laugh and laugh...

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.