Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2021, 08:36 PM   #1
BC1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 24HE
State: New York
THOR #20090
Decided not to get an RV GPS or GPS App

Hi everyone. Hope you are all doing ok.

I'm getting ready for my first trip this season (NY to SC) late March. After much research I think I have decided not to get an RV GPS unit or even an RV GPS app. My MH is just under 25' and I don't tow and I live in NY so I know to always be on the lookout for low overpasses, parkways where RVs can't go and tunnels, bridges w/RV restrictions.

I decided to just use the Good Sam Trip Planner (putting in propane and height of RV) and print out those directions at home then once I'm on the road I'll just use what I use for traffic in my car (but knowing that if it re-routes me I have to check that out before proceeding off my Good Sam route). I don't need to know about campgrounds, accessible gas stations, etc. since I'm not one to "wing it" without having a concrete plan (at least not until I retire) and I can always turn around easily and can fit into most gas station pump areas.

I was reading what everyone uses, etc. and got all hung up that I "NEEDED" something but then I remember all those years I drove my other MHs by myself with my kids all over and down South and never had any technology and I survived so I came back to reality and realized my plan will work fine without spending any money.

Getting really excited. Need to get away after all this Covid crap - it's been a nightmare in my area and I was a germaphobe before this happened so it hasn't been easy for me and it's been harder for those that live with me LOL.
Take care, Beth

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.