Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2021, 10:24 PM   #6
BC1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 24HE
State: New York
THOR #20090
and I'll add that my RV height is written in big red numbers and taped to the upper part of my window because when I'm in a panic I forget things.

Funny clearance story - Driving this MH home from it's former owner last Aug I had a computer printout of my plates taped on the MH (which I printed from DMV site because it was going on 3 weeks and still not arrived) because I didn't want to go through the e-reader tolls on the Thruway with "fake" plates, I took a backroad. There was a weird round overpass and it said something like a few inches less than my rv height. I was stopped in front of it and even though I had just picked up the rv a few minutes ago, I knew there was NO WAY it was that low even on the lower sides of it. I didn't even get out to check because I knew it was wrong - but then my brain says - why would they have the height so far off? I inched forward and realized it was definitely wrong. I cleared it by a few feet - it was only one through at a time and I figured if the guy waiting in the truck on the other side of me saw I was going to hit it he would have flashed his lights or something. That was really really weird.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum