Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Quality control
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2021, 01:51 AM   #15
MJC62

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
You are not the first upset owner and unfortunately you will not be the last. I concur a PDI isn't going to find all the issues in a new MH or TT. Since Covid, RV's are selling like hotcakes and the push to get them out the door has made what little QC they did do almost non existent. This isn't a Thor specific problem I have heard about QC issues on other coach's as well. (our last coach a Gulfstream was a constant fix or repair something every trip too)
They do have you on the roof leaking though. The roof is only warranted for 90 days. It is the owners responsibility to inspect the Dicor on a regular basis and re-caulk as needed.
I realize none of this is much consolation after dropping the kind of coin that is a new motrorhome.
Most dealers service departments suck! If at all possible get the coach to their factory service center in Wakarusa those people will make it right. If that's not possible find an independent RV shop or mobile tech to take care of your issues. If the coach is still on warranty they can contact Thor and Thor will work with them.
Thor or any other RV manufacturer wants their customers satisfied and will go out of the way to try to help. Others on this forum have had Thor send them parts to effect repairs on coach's that weren't even under warranty.
I suspect your frustration might be coming out in your e-mails or voice mails to Thor? Nobody is ever in too large a hurry to call back an irate customer, that is only human nature.
I hope you get your issues resolved to your satisfaction and can get back to enjoying your coach.
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum