Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 02:38 PM   #20
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Texans View Post
Use "plumbers grease", found at most hardware stores, rather than Vaseline. Vaseline is petroleum based & will eventually swell up the rubber gasket.

Just a word of caution with plumbers grease. Read the label on the package before buying or using it on your rubber plumbing seals because typical plumbers grease (surprisingly?) is not safe for plastic or rubber. Check out the stuff Home Depot sells as an example.....in the description it advises not for plastic or rubber. If you are going to use a grease on the rubber seals use something like Moens Silicone Lubricant which Home Depot also sells and it is safe to use on rubber. It also comes in a very similar container to the plumbers grease.

Just a side comment, I have found over the years that using a good quality pink antifreeze during Fall winterization in the RV toilet, slows down evaporation issues (loss of fluid above the seal) and actually seems to keep the seal in very good condition. The freezing temps here also help slow the pink from evaporating I expect. Amazingly we still have our original toilet seal in our 2013 ACE......spare repair kit is still waiting for my turn to use it......still flushing well when required in camping season so far.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum