Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 04:32 PM   #11
hexrays

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: California
THOR #791
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Jkfirecap has the right attitude:
Find a way to make yourself happy instead of layming blame.
Layming blame is a fine thing when under warranty and a promise was made.

It Is your rv, yours alone, with no other affiliation.

Be happy. MAKE yourself be happy.
It's a small percentage of the purchase price to have those walls redone to your exact liking.

Some of us here, you'll never read of our confoundment about Thor and build quality or John Deere and build quality or mercedes and build quality.

You'll only find blurbs written and pictures posted of how we made our rv ours .

Do you know why some 8 year old BMW or mercedes or maserati sells for 80% below new retail?
Broken things and ratty ass work is why.

FIX THE RV OR HAVE YOUR EXTENDED WARRANTY FIX THE RV.
If wall paper is a grousing point, selling might be best.
I wish I could have a better outlook on Thor but my experience has left a sour taste. We've had many many issues;

*The cabinet hinges pull out from the pressed wood anchors at their base. Our mirrored doors nearly fell off which would have sent glass shards everywhere.
*The wallpaper is either wrinkled or peeling everywhere. (We are in So Cal so it's not a moisture issue.) The wallpaper is glued to plywood. Either not enough glue was used or the glue used was crap. Who applies wallpaper directly to porous plywood anyway? Just plain stupid!
*The large slide-out hole was cut out of square and the slide stopped working. I had to spend thousands of dollars to have someone replace the whole guide system and motors they had to jury rig it so it would work properly. It had been in the shop multiple times under warranty for this repair. They simply did not want to knowledge what the real issue was. I had to take it to a third party to get an honest diagnosis and repair, by this time it was out of warranty.
*The exterior ladder comes loose all the time and constantly need to be re tightened. This also was looked at under warranty. I was told it was fixed but I was lied to and repairs were shoddy.
*The PLASTIC kitchen and bathroom faucets broke which I replaced myself with higher quality ones.
*The water pump was noisey; I had to replace that with a more quieter unit.
*The chassis A/C will not blow out of the dash vents, only works at the defroster vents.
*The propane regulator failed and had to be replaced.
*There is a short in the TV cable system somewhere; we are unable to get a picture without snow.
*The spring loaded cabinet door supports come loose because they are screwed into cheap pressed wood, constantly needing repair.
*Moldings at the top of the slide on the interior are dislodged when the slide is moved out as it is out of alignment. One cracked needing repair, it fell off when on the road nearly hit my daughters friend in the head!
*The miss-aligned large slide-out damaged the linoleum floor from an upholstery staple that was used (not seated all the way) on the bottom of the dinette , indented and scratched the flooring.
*Driver window rattles like crazy on the highway.
*Hydraulic hose connections for the leveling system were loose from the factory which flooded the pump area and the ground with hydraulic fluid.
*Front windshield curtain hangers were rusted from the factory damaging the cloth loops that hang the curtain.
*The upholstery is beginning to crack everywhere, bad batch of material. Thor says the company they used is no longer in business, will not fix it.
*Lights in the dashboard were not working, fixed under warranty.
*The main entry door latch was very hard to open if heated up by sun exposure. Wife could not open the door.
*Backup light was mounted upside-down and filled with water from a wash or rain.
*One of the hood latches fell off on the highway somewhere.
*Headlights were badly miss-aligned.
*Chassis HVAC blower motor squeaks at any speed.
*Some of the adjustable cabinet shelves cannot be adjusted because the shelf is not wide enough to meet the PLASTIC shelf supports, or the cabinet was made too wide. I don't know which it is?
*Bathroom fan not installed correctly, made a bunch of noise, come to find out the frame was bent and had to be replaced.
Toad: 2015 Jeep Cherokee
Roadmaster F & R Sways, Safe-T-Plus, Koni's
hexrays is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum