Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2021, 12:36 AM   #10
Down South

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 27.2
State: Louisiana
THOR #17883
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxTig View Post
We live in the Houston area and lost power for 48 hours, from Monday morning through Wednesday morning. We suffered through Monday night with outside temps around 14 or 15 and temps in the house down around 45.

On Tuesday, things weren’t looking much better so I went to the storage yard we use and drove our Challenger home and parked it in the street in front of our house. Cranked up the generator, the propane furnace and the electric fireplace and got the MH pretty toasty. I was also able to run our home’s two refrigerators off of the MH generator. Slept much better Tuesday night.

Finally got power back on Wednesday and returned the Challenger to the storage yard. Nice to have a Plan B!!
That was a great idea.
The last hurricane we went through, I drove my MH to one of my neighbors who didn't have a generator so they could charge their freezers and fridge from my generator.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum