Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Alaska
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 11:06 PM   #14
halfprice

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
It's a bucket list trip for me to mh through the state. Maria and I have been on 3 cruises there and ill be doing my 3rd fishing trip there in August.

I looked into those caravans and don't think they are worth it for several reasons. They have a schedule. You can leave them and rejoin but I'd rather do my own thing. Plan to stay put several days at a time to explore in the jeep and of course find time to fish.

The $10000+ for a caravan pays for a lot of gas food and costs. Caravan price includes the campsites and a few meals. Also some sightseeing trips. But again that 10k would pay for that and more. Campsites can be $25 and up many are partial hook ups but dump stations can be found if needed

I'd buy the alaska mile marker book and semi plan the trip

I've followed several people who posted daily on their trip. Key is don't be in a hurry, be flexible and enjoy

I'd be game to join a thor caravan. There is strength in numbers and many knowledge people here to help each other if problems come up. Plus we'll make life time friends and memories

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is online now   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum