Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 12:03 AM   #15
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
I’m curious where this came from if it’s a battery manufacturer?

I found this quote copied over many times going over ten years in posts in various threads, but since it appears to be mentioning Trojan batteries, I went there and can’t find it. Doesn’t mean it’s not and I just can’t see it.

Trojan Q&A section doesn't address this, but interestingly enough recommends 24 or 48 Volts for systems using over 100 Watts steady. Makes me wonder since that’s an incredibly low bar to set at 8.5 Amps for 12 Volt systems, and practically no one follows that recommendation even when pulling well over 100 Amps.

Just curious if you saw the original source of that statement.

I’ll see if I can find which one. I copied it from a website years ago when i was doing reaerach on the topic.

But the statement is logical as the 6V batteries are similar in weight as a 12V but only generate half the voltage. It stands to reason as it means the voltage to material weight ratio is higher for the 6V and it in fact should last longer if properly maintained.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.