Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 08:34 PM   #23
John & Diane

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Ohio
THOR #989
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscanlon View Post
Hello,

I read an old post of yours.

Did you ever find where the chassis battery disconnect solenoid was located? Trying to find it on my 2011 Thor Ace 29.1

Having the same problem you were. No power unless connected to shorepower of generator turned on.

Thank you,

I had a similar problem recently where my batteries weren't being charged when plugged into shore power but I did have the 12 volt lights in the coach. My initial thought was the battery disconnect solenoid which I couldn't find. I called Thor and was told that the solenoid was in the Battery Control Center which is located in the engine compartment, drivers side upper corner. Mine is a RV Customs Product, model TH-1020. Go to their site and download their trouble shooting guide. Their customer service was very helpful.

BUT before you tear into the Control Center, check your grounds!!!! My problem turned out to be a bad ground connection to the frame in the coach battery compartment. The connection appeared good and were tight but it was not making good contact a/c rust. I removed all the cables, wire brushed everything, reconnected with new washers and nuts, as they were rusty,and ALL WAS WELL. Hope this helps and good luck.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum