Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 12:11 AM   #5
Cakeman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurican 34P
State: Maryland
THOR #17588
Let see, I am 57 and I started with my parents (maybe around 7?). I remember the pop-up my parents had. I think it was a playmate, then they had a dutchman pull behind (towed with a wagon, you know sit backwards, window down, look at trailer, breath exhaust fumes, while my dad smoked a cigar ) and by the time I was getting into high school they had a Georgie Boy -Cruise Air Class A (My dad bought it as the advertisement had a pinto wagon on the roof, which was his toad at the time). Oh boy…. Let me tell you about the keg parties we had when my parents went out of town. My wife and I started with a tent, then a popup, then a pull behind. Then our children went to high school we sold the camper. I wasn’t having those parties at my house.. . Then we bought a project 74 Winnebago 4x4 for camping on the beach. Then a dutchmen Quigley converted class C 4x4 for beach camping. Then all our friends we camped on the beach with started camping in campgrounds, so after a few year…. Now here we are with the Class A. We bought a little earlier than thought for retirement travel, but I can afford it now, so why wait. Trust me as a cancer survivor…. Waiting for a rainy day may not happen. I’m not saying be ridiculous with your money, but for us…. This was it. So maybe it’s in my blood?
Cakeman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum