Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 02:29 AM   #47
BC1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 24HE
State: New York
THOR #20090
Hey Guys,

2 things - I put sale on hold temporarily. I literally can't dig out the snow to be able to open the slide for the MH so I can't really show it right now. I did get a couple of people who wanted to see it. In the meantime I'll see if I can figure out a plan B. I have some thoughts.

I guess I should clarify that I am not opposed to new technology, it's just that I don't need a piece of technology for so many situations. Some consider an RV GPS so valuable or important that you have to have it. I do not. Some would probably say you are saving a few bucks (or some time) for something that might save your life but that still doesn't change my mind.

I have a work-issued iPhone and an android for personal phone. I have 3 laptops, 1 desktop, smart TVs, digital photo frames, 2 high end digital cameras, etc. I DO NOT have Alexa or Ring doorbells and things like that. They are a time suck to me (just another thing to deal with programming/fixing/charging/batteries, etc). I hear my daughter say "Alexa turn on the kitchen lights" when she walks in the house. She tells me "well it's helpful when you have your hands full of groceries" - humm ok - but that's not something I would ever want.

I DO, however, have the Nest CO/Smoke detectors because I have had CO leaks two times and my daughter had a very bad CO leak that her Nest detected very early. The firemen were impressed. It was so bad they wouldn't even let her in the house to get her cat for a while. If I'm at work my phone will tell me it is going off so I don't come home to find my animals dead. That is technology that I consider valuable. But everyone has a different definition of valuable and that is totally fine. I'm just trying to get away from so much technology and get back to living because I realize how much time I spend dealing with technology (not necessarily using it but all the other stuff that comes with it).

Hope you all have a great week. Take care, Beth

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum