Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 06:03 PM   #15
gte534j

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Washington
THOR #10717
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
I think you meant Bilstein steering damper

BTW...
I’ve got all of same mods on my E450 (except new shocks)
(Front&Rear Helwig, SUMOs, Airlift 1000 front air bags, Bilstein steer damper)

Ive got the Bilstein shocks my Amazon cart, but looks like a challenging install.
Yes- Billstein steering damper.
The shocks were not too bad to install. I had trouble w/ the rear right one, had to cut down the bumper a bit. The other issue was the mix/match of metric and SI bolts. I got this toolset to help:

Yashong 12-Piece SAE Flex-Head Ratcheting Wrench Set, Professional Chrome Vanadium Steel Ratchet Wrenches, Combination Ended Standard Kit with Portable Suspended Canvas Bag

Yashong 12-Piece 8-19mm Metric Flex-Head Ratcheting Wrench Set, Professional Chrome Vanadium Steel Ratchet Wrenches, Combination Ended Spanner Kit with Portable Suspended Canvas Bag

Removing the bolts took some effort as they were on there really tight. Also, you have to compress the shock and kinda shoot it into place, which was quite hard to do on the rear shocks.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum