Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 07:08 PM   #26
kneival

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Illinois
THOR #16357
Gfi

I have a Thor 45lt. Been fighting this gfi problem for a week now and just figured it out. It would keep kicking out. I eliminated 4 of the 5 gfi outlets one at a time and it still kept kicking out. So a couple days later I went to use the plug in under the coach and saw it also was gfi protected by the switch up in our half bath. Well I proceeded to disconnect it and see if it still cut out. And when I took the receptacle apart to unhook the wires water dripped out of it. BINGO!! You can’t have water in an electrical outlet. Opened the compartment behind the receptacle and dug in to it and found the 12 volt water pump was right above that gfi receptacle. At the input of the pump was a drip coming off a one inch by two inch mechanism that I’m not sure what it does but turned it clockwise an eighth of a turn and guess what no more problems with my gfi !! I silicones the top of the electrical box to avoid this ever again I hope. Phone 815-275-5700. Steve

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum