Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 02:00 AM   #8
TADix

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #22026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campnjoe View Post
Keep in mind though that not all shops are created equal and just because your local CW is not very good, it doesn't mean that they are all this way.
I thought this would be the way also, but apparently not.

The wife and I bought our first RV right at the end of January (Aria, 3701). Dealer was the worst retail experience I've ever even heard of. While we were documenting issues we came across the warranty paperwork, both Thor's and Freightliner's, unsigned by the dealer. Called Thor, RV had not been reported sold 13 days after we took delivery.

After a few meetings with the dealer, I emailed Thor and received a call from someone in the Tech/Warranty department. He didn't want to listen to anything, simply said make a list of issues, and he'd make it work with anyone, even if not a Thor authorized site. I told the guy I wasn't at that point yet, but wanted to know who had the better service centers.

The réponse was unreal: he said other than one garage in CA and the Thor factory, everyone else was about the same.

He continued with statements that I could either do it his way or end up waiting perhaps months longer.

So yes I think Thor would pay just about anyone to deal with first year issues, but they won't do a damn thing to fix the industry.

Have no idea what we'll do yet, but the issue list continues to build.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum