Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 04:42 PM   #16
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
Yup, Full Timers here.. Filled up the fuel & water/dumped tanks day before all hell broke loose..
Retracted the slide, put the water hose & filters in the basement bay, and closed everything outside up.. and Ran the gennie for 88 hours straight..

Had no issues
Today it hit 80 deg, so went for a walk.....Palm trees and the cacti sure took a beating..
Same story here, When the house lost electricity Monday morning, we took the golf cart and the 3 cats to the Hurricane. I started the generator, bumped the heat to 75, turned the frig on, and plugged in the electric heater and the electric mattress pad. While the coach was warming, I took the golf cart back to the house for food and set the facets on drip. I had to use a propane torch to move the outside hose bibs. We watched the electrical and natural gas fiasco on the TVs. I made the trip back to the house on Tuesday afternoon to clean out the freezer. The house was down to 62 degrees. The Hurricane's generator ran from Monday noon until noon on Friday, except for a two hour trip into the City, on Thursday to buy 45 gallons of gas. I checked the house on Thursday and the indoor temp was 42 degrees. The Village's front desk called at 8am Friday morning and said power was on to the entire village. The house was back to 76 degrees when we move back in. It will be interesting to see what City Power Systems decides to charge us for the power we did not get.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum