Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2021, 05:07 PM   #56
Machinetools1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 29m
State: California
THOR #16201
We left on February 4th to see my daughter who lives in Austin from California. We stayed at the Lone Star RV Park outside of Austin. We had to stay an extra week as the roads were to icy to move. The park was out of power and water. After 3 days the power came back on but no water. I am glad we had a full tank of fuel and a full tank of propane as this got us through the cold spell.

I was not prepared for the cold and the pipes froze in the coach but later thawed out so we could use them. We left out of there on the 19th and the carnage on I35 was immense. Big rigs scattered all over the interstate. made it just outside of Fort Stockton for the night.

Texas has some beautiful rest stops and Pecos West Rest Area is no exception. It was an excellent trip and the snow just added a little adventure. looking forward again next year.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum