Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 03:14 PM   #144
Greybear

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude BH35
State: Utah
THOR #19910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Quick question..... I don't see a "Data Only" plan on the Google FI site. Did you just purchase the unlimited call, text and data plan and use the SIM in the Winegard?
Great question, because Google is a bit cagey here. Nothing in their marketing really mentions it, but once you've signed up for a plan, you can order up to four data only SIMs per account.

So you decide how many lines you want, and that determines your total plan cost. We have two unlimited data lines at $60 a line for $120 total cost. Then, once a line is activated, you can surf to your account info and order data SIMs. As I said you can get up to four. Those data SIMs are tied to your phone line account and use the same data bucket. That's important if you choose the pay as you go plan, because the data SIM counts against your total. Since we have unlimited data, it's not a problem and we essentially get free connectivity in the Wineguard (woohoo).

I mentioned previously that we used to be on Xfinity (Verizon MVNO). It was costing us $65 unlimited per line, plus IF an Xfinity data SIM would have worked, we'd have been paying another $45 per month for the data only portion. So for us Google is saving me $55 plus the headache of buying ridiculously expensive data from AT&T.
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubi (TOAD!)
2013 Harley FLHCUI
Greybear is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum