Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 08:59 PM   #16
aaurbanelli@aol.com

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Vegas 27.7
State: Texas
THOR #19813
I'm not sure I see a case yet where I'd do without a generator. It's part of the reason I went to a motorhome from a travel trailer. Instead of installing an inverter and adding two 100 amp hour lithiums to the two I already have, I purchased a bluetti ac200p for about $1700. It's got 2000 kw, equivalent to 170 amp hours at 12 volts. It has a built in inverter for alternating power. It can accept something like 700 watts from solar panels and has a built in mppt charge controller. It'll accept about 400 watts charge from ac. Sun availability and panel setup would not be much of an option for recharging in my view. Between my 200 ah of lithium (what'll fit in the step), the 2kw bluetti and the generator (operated to top up lithium and bluetti every 2 or 3 days) I should be able to keep things going. Air conditioning looks to be out of the question without the generator.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum