Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 09:08 PM   #11
Leadgator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #11672
From Boating to RVing.

I had been sailing for years, had 3 different boats before my first husband and I bought our Morgan 41 OutIslander. He passed away two years later, demo'd and sold the Morgan and bought myself a Nonsuch 30" Cat rig and stayed in sailing. Met my second husband who also was in sailing. We sold our boats and got a 42 Ft Hans Cristian motor sailer to sail off shore. He had health problems and we sold that and bought a condo in Florida. When he passed away, I was tired of sailing and having Coast Guard rescues and dragging anchors. I bought my first 34' Winnebago in 1998 even though I had never driven one. They delivered it to my condo and gave me a half hour driving lesson. Since then I have probably put on 150,000 miles in RVing. My current husband would pick where he wanted to fly in and I would pick him up at the airport, he's spend 2 or 3 weeks and fly home. I have driven across US, all of Canada including the Maritimes and New Foundland, and have been through most of Alaska with a Camping Group, most of it myself as my husband had to fly home. Currently we have a Thor Hurricane 29M, 2018, and are continuing to travel, although not necessarily as far as I am 75 and my husband is 79 and is currently experiencing ill heath with Pulmonary Fibrosis. We have an oxygen concentrator in the RV and he has a portable unit and scooter so we can walk our dogs together as he cannot walk long distances. Rving is a way of life and a way to enjoy life in the Great Outdoors. Hope you enjoyed this story. When I get behind the wheel I bless myself and say "God, please guide and protect us and lead us on our way".

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.