Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 10:10 PM   #12
tbl5142

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: RW28
State: Florida
THOR #12200
BC1 you asked a great question and the stories are all very interesting, we loved reading them and hopefully more people will answer this question, it's intriguing.

As for us, My wife and I met in Europe in the late 1980's. I had a S-10 Pickup with a topper on the back so we would throw our sleeping bags in the back whenever we were both off at the same time and travel. When we returned to the States, our son was born and we purchase an AZA Membership. At first is was just day trips, then we went over night but the S-10 was getting a bit too small so we purchase a 1970 Scamper Pop-Up for $400. We used that for a few years, sold it and purchased a new Pop-up. We traveled all over the country towing a Pop-up until my wife's disability started getting worse, then we moved to a trailer but having to get in and out of a truck and in and out of a trailer was wearing her out, so eventually we sold it all and started going to hotels. That lasted for a few years but having to be on someone else's schedule was not for us, so in 2013 we purchased our first Thor Motorhome, used, 25' Majestic (La Tortuga we named her) from Cruise America. We had that for 5 years. In 2018 my wife wanted a new motorhome, one that no one else had slept in, so we purchased our present RV, 2018 Thor Quantum RW28 (La Tortuga II) and have put a good amount of miles on it. La Tortuga II makes travel easy for her and I like the idea of pulling over just about anywhere for a break. We have always loved to travel, see new sights, try the local cuisine, and speak with the local people of the areas we visit. We traveled to 49 of the 50 states over the many years and we can't figure out how to get La Tortuga II to Hawaii . As Samuel Clemmons said, Travel is detrimental to Prejudice, Narrow Mindness, and Bigotry, get out and see what's there, no one is promised tomorrow. Only 2 things always remain the same, The Love of God and Death.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum