Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 07:48 PM   #2
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Just doing a “quick look” at your BCC external wiring picture, it looks like the original “chassis switched” cable was moved off its labelled terminal and onto the chassis battery terminal as specified by the recall, but then someone has placed the red shorting cable between the chassis battery terminal and the chassis switched terminal......which I “think” basically bypasses the chassis disconnect relay main latching contacts inside the BCC. So this would “probably” mean that the loads controlled by the chassis disconnect relay (like steps; dash loads – blower motor, etc) could not have chassis battery power disconnected, using the chassis disconnect switch at the door (which operates and releases the chassis disconnect latching relay), when/if required. But, it also means (if I am correct) that if the chassis disconnect relay ever fails, those loads will still have power from the chassis battery (if the battery is good, etc.). So it is probably OK as wired depending on how you want to control those chassis loads. I am not sure if the gauge of that red bypass wire is suitable for the loads or not though; should match rating of contacts on the latching relay I would think.

So, your described trouble sounds like possibly the interconnect relay (silver looking relay connected between the bus bars) has failed open; or worst case the circuit board in the BCC that allows operation of the interconnect relay has a problem. I would guess the interconnect relay would be a good starting point to check out. I am attaching some pictures that may help. There are also documents on line with descriptions of how this BCC operates; troubleshooting etc and a very good youtube video of opening up the BCC and describing it. Hope this helps a bit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV Custom Products Schematic.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	28823  
Attached Images
File Type: bmp BCC Relays.bmp (1.11 MB, 82 views)
File Type: bmp RelaysPic 2.bmp (1.06 MB, 66 views)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum