Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021, 04:41 AM   #20
saddlesore

Brand: Still Looking
Model: SOB
State: South Dakota
THOR #3916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpd View Post
I had a job where I traveled around the country. He hadn't seen much outside of Vermont. I had decided to retire. Business travel gets more tedious with ago imo. He said he was ready too. My only requirement was we not retire to sit around on our thumb or meet at the local diner to talk about our aches and ailments. I saw too many doing it in our little town. Sitting around waiting to die...

So I started researching rv life. Next thing I knew we had bought one and after retirement set out on the road. We we were " most timers" until we sold our home last fall. We're now full-time.

We have had so many great adventures and seen so much of this beautiful country. Traveling with him has been like traveling with a child. He has been so in awe of the majesty of this country and I got to see it in a better light too.
We love this life! Happy trails all.
Yup..Same here..I trucked over the 49 states for 50+ years, while the wife had a job with state treasury and held down the fort..

We had a 34' gasser class A parked in a semi permanent site near my employer [300+ miles from home] that I used when I got back to the yard ,but did not have enough time between loads to go home.
When I was forced to retire after receiving artificial shoulders, Sold the gasser and Bought our Foretravel ..
When the Wife decided enough was enough after 35 years and retired, We sold the S & B home , left Oregon for South Dakota and began the FullTimer lifestyle..
I also Really enjoy showing Her the "Real USA" that She never had experienced.... Like enjoying "Fried Pickles or an evening of drinking RC Cola and nibbling on a Moon Pie!..While watching a bug zapper....[AKA southern entertainment Center]
For me.. Now I can stop and See everything I've had to just drive on by in the truck and wonder "What was that?
Happy Trails
Thor Infinity
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum