Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 04:59 PM   #1
AxialFlux

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: West Virginia
THOR #21234
Another leaky tail light victim...

So I go out to leave this morning, and happen to see what appears to be wavy reflections in the area above my drivers side tail light. Sure enough, you can press in on the fiberglass right above the tail light, and below it. Went ahead and pulled the tail light, and everything behind there is wet. The plywood surrounding the area is soaked, and delaminating so much, that there is nothing for the screws to grab onto. I can't see any damage inside the RV, but that area is mostly covered by a closet area.

I did order new lights to install, which may be an issue as there is nothing there for the screws to screw into. My main concern is how in the world does this ever dry out? Also, would the water wick up the side like that? I checked the roof, and the sealant looks fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210302_090920.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	28860   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210302_112536.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	28861  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.