Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 04:04 PM   #5
Mike D

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #21016
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post
No problem Mike, it is always best to provide as much information about the problem situation as you can so folks on the forum can try to better assist.

I am not familiar with your E450 chassis specifically, but usually the radio is powered from coach (house) batteries when the use/store switch is turned on, and the dash power receptacles (and probably associated usb plugs) typically powered from chassis (engine) battery. Others more familiar with E450 can correct that if required.

So when you say the radio does not work when “using storage battery switch”, you mean when you turn off the use/store switch correct? If true, that is normal. What is not normal is the radio and dash power outlets turn off when the engine is running. My first reaction to this situation is somehow the radio and dash receptacles are wired on an ignition lock out circuit in error. The lockout circuit relay prevents the slides or electric awning (or other devices) from being operated anytime the engine is running. Has this problem just started recently or has it always been a problem? Has anyone recently been working on the coach electrical system.....replaced any charging system components, etc.?
Tnx ever so much for ur help this far....I purchased the coach recently...it has only 2K miles...the original owner says he never used the radio while driving...he streamed through headphones......
So when the coach is parked and engine off...The house batteries will not come on and operate anything....when connected to external power or generator, everything works great including the radio and dash outlets and backup camera.....no one has worked on the coach as far as I know....
I’ll check back after my shift.....Tnx!!!
Mike D

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum