Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 02:22 AM   #11
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
Hey 16Ace27. I understand how to hookup inverter with built in transfer switch to the battery. What would be the best way to tie into the outlet/TV circuit. My Compass has a factory installed converter/charger and a 100 watt solar panel to help charge the coach battery if that matters. I want to make sure my outlet circuit is powered by both 12 volt and shore power. Please advise
Other methods of charging the house batteries have no bearing on an inverter install. Run a sufficient size cable from the positive side of the house battery bank to the + input on the inverter: make sure you have a breaker/fuse/fusible link in that cable as close to the batteries as possible. Locate the inverter as close as possible to the house battery bank to minimize the length of that + cable. Connect the - side of the inverter to a good chassis ground with an appropriately sized cable. The DC end is done.

You need to figure out which breaker and Romex line on your AC Distribution Panel (ADP) supplies your TVs circuit. In most coaches all the TVs are on the same circuit as well as a couple of outlets. Once you find that supply line figure out where you can cut it and insert a junction box. You will run a line from the outlet of the ADP to the input side of the ATS on your inverter. You will run a line from the output side of the inverter ATS back to supply the TV circuit. This way when you are connected to SP or the generator is running the power from the ADP supplies the TVs, but if that power is not available, the inverter will automatically supply the TV circuit IF the inverter is turned on.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum