Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 12:37 AM   #6
quantum

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Massachusetts
THOR #21704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonnemarc View Post
Around the speakers use clear silicone. It’s not permanent which is what you want, if you ever want to swap them out for better quality they’ll come off easier than some other sealants. For my roof I use flex seal, comes in caulk, liquid and strips pretty much covers any job you have. Oh and use dicor putty around those tail lights and get rid of the cheap foam gaskets.
I’m still in Mass so I kinda envy you in warmer climate. Good luck and safe trip when you decide to head back.
Also from Mass but wanted to get out before the weather came in. Left just before th first heavy storms in Jan and turned back south when the cold snap came in. My plan was to seal this thing up for the next season and if we get more rain and snow I'll be all set. Really not in the mood to have to winterize but it is what it is when we head back the end of this month.

So in the warmer spots I can get the water leak concerns behind me.

At least that's the plan.

It would be nice if the Mfg just used the right stuff and the quality to help reduce the ongoing resealing. It can be done but that would hurt the service they over charge for.

Thanks

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum