Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 04:43 PM   #1
vealessi

Brand: Still Looking
State: Colorado
THOR #22407
New Axis 25.6 impressions

Hello everybody, I am new here and hopefully posting in the correct place

I picked up a new Axis 25.6 from Terry's RV in Chicago in early Feb and did a 3000 mile trip east / south / and then back to CA; hopefully enough miles to break it in. Having had prior RVs, and having read quality reports on the Axis, I fully expected some things to rattle loose, and I did have some of that - my assumption is that what I experienced was about normal but would love to hear feedback. There are also some things I would like to immediately upgrade, and am hoping to get some experienced feedback:

- within the first hour of taking delivery, the stereo head unit rattled loose and fell into the dash. A nut appeared on the floor below. After inspection, it appears that nothing secures the head-unit in the rear. There's just a metal sleeve that needs to have some tabs bent out so that t doesn't fall into dash (they weren't). once I did that, stereo slides in and just kind of balances there. I plan to have this looked at on an upcoming warranty visit

- after driving a few days, the passenger windshield wiper stopped working. There's a mechanical arm that had come un-attached because a nut rattled loose - nut that fell out under the dash fit perfectly and fixed that

- turn-signal / backup camera video is intermittent. BIG problem when I go to back up and can't get this video; haven't diagnosed yet

- 'Raise' brings the stabilizer down and 'Lower' brings them up - is this normal, or did a wire get reversed?

- entire passenger side cup holder/speaker/outlet box separated from the wall. It looks like only a couple wood screws hold it in. Need to re-attached somehow

Those are the big items - nothing kept me from getting home, so thankful. Here's the 'needs improvement list':

- Dealer told me that house batteries are not charged by alternator when driving - is that really true? If so, can it be changed?

- Refrigerator installed is electric only; no propane option which I thought was standard. Dealer said this is the way they're going, but I also know that the fridge deliveries were short due to Covid and this pushed by delivery out a month - did they maybe switch just to deliver? Do I want the propane option?

- House batteries don't even last a night. Need to upgrade with AGM or Lion as I don't like being quite so dependent on the generator - what's the best option?

- Front headlights are VERY dim... hard to see at night. Is there a good headlight upgrade option?

- Really rough ride at 70mph with those tiny wheels... is there a good shock / suspension upgrade?

- bath sink drains into back tank vs grey... is this normal?

THANK YOU for reading if you got this far. In general, I love the rig (the full wall slideout is pure magic). Would LOVE to hear others impressions of these repairs / needed improvements!

Vic

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.