Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2021, 02:42 PM   #1
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Is Colorado Safe for RVs?

Our Son recently accepted a new job in Denver; so we plan to go up to Denver Colorado next week and spend 5 days. Mainly to help him move in, but also a good chance to get out of the Texas freeze weather and get into a warmer state like Colorado.

But I am not sure I can safely drive the RV to Denver, Colorado? I was thinking to maybe drive it to Kansas (or similar) and then get a rental to drive into Denver? On one hand it would be nice to at least cross the border; so I can check Colorado off as one more state we have visited with RV, but my fears / concerns are as follows....

1. Mile high? What will that do to my RV systems like emissions etc.? Generator? Refrigerator?
2. Mountains? I drive in Tow Mode fulltime in Dallas area. Seems like I would need a Super Tow Mode for Colorado? I hate to be in some situational driving on a hill or decline where I may not be able to safely stop. I have driven through the Boston Mountains near Fayetteville AR in RV with no issues, but I have also driven our SUV Navigator on that Million Dollar Highway in Colorado from Silverton - Ouray and I know I NEVER want to do that again and would NOT even think about it with RV.
3. Campsites in Denver area (where I need to be) besides the reservations ( which is normal; but they say dump stations are closed until 4/1 Does that mean that if we are in Denver areas we may not find anywhere to dump?
4. Weather? Is it likely we may encounter freezing ice type conditions and become stranded?

We have had our RV 1 1/2 years now, and I just don't want this surprise trip to Colorado to become a disaster and take away from my son's accomplishment.

Thoughts
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.