Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2021, 03:53 PM   #6
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Texans View Post
Sounds like you're new & inexperienced at driving the motorhome & already stressed just thinking about the "what ifs", I'd say leave the motorhome & just drive to Denver. Not sure I'd want to take a chance on the late winter storm possibly in Kansas or Colorado.
On the other hand what better way to become more experienced!

New and inexperienced
is correct but relative to your perspective.

We bought RV brand new, flew to Florida to get it and drove it back 1500 miles with no issues on maiden voyage. We have owned it for 1 1 /2 years now; and we have but 10,000 miles on it. I think it had about 700 miles when we bought it.

But I never figured to go to Colorado in March thus my questions, or stress as you state. I rather proactively plan or take into account now versus later while on the road. If you ever been on Million Dollar highway in Colorado and was NOT stressed you have my ultimate admiration because I was scared $^%$less and that was in my SUV with my wife and two kids

But driving a car into Denver is a real possibility. However I would not drive my vehicle, if I were to drive I would get a rental car, if Western Kansas is just as bad then I can get a rental in Amarillo, I know the roads well between Dallas & Amarillo so that is not a concern
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum