Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 02:30 PM   #10
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
I first heard about these yesterday when I got my digital edition of Family Motor Coaching. Since then I have done some checking and I only see positives with no negative implications mentioned. I did read an article by the "RV Doctor" where he mentions them becoming OEM standard features for showers because it eliminates the box a shower normally has to ride on, allows the shower drain to be run outside the coach and eliminates the need for the shower skylight because the additional height is no longer required.

I would be interested in knowing if they are being considered for home construction or if this is an RV only thing. That could provide an indication of any negative implications. Just answered my own question. They can be used in residential and industrial application if the building code allows their use under the alternate materials list. Apparently they have been in use in the UK since 1997.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.