Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 07:21 PM   #19
Travelin' Texans

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom N3EQF View Post
A trick I learned a few years ago with my LCI levelers that made the AUTO leveling much improved...

Perform the calibration as per the manufacturers instructions, at a site that is very close to level to begin with. When you manually level the coach, do it with the very least amount of jack extension possible, so that the tires might still be touching the ground.

Doing calibration in this way gives the system a lower neutral starting point, it seems, as I use automatic leveling almost all of the time now and never end up with more than one or two tires above the earth at all.
Did the very same thing with my 5th that always seemed raise it higher than necessary, once calibrated at the lowest possible position it worked flawlessly from then on.
I also agree, don't let those that don't have them calibrated correctly deter the DW, have her push the button & don't give it another thought til she's ready to leave. If it happens to raise a tire off the ground so be it, she'll likely never notice while inside & the system is designed to handle the weight.
My 5th wheel sat for 4 days with us in/out on nothing but the 6 leveling jacks while waiting on brake assemblies, no issues, no movement, no problem.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.