Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2021, 07:25 PM   #28
OldWEB

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum View Post
Did almost everything but jump into the tank and wash it myself..LOL

Just was wondering if there was a chemical that was specific to cleaning the contacts or a short cut other than replacing them.
There really is not much to the contacts, all depending on the style you have. Some are just 'buttons' to prevent anything from hanging on and some are 'electrodes' that may or may not be shielded, to limit what ever drapes over to make contact (with the contact). So, you could go to where your contacts are located and do a resistance check, then you may be able to remove them and try cleaning them?? (Yucky??)
But I was musing over this and wondered if you were driving during this latest cold snap and maybe the highways department had spread some salt on the road? I know the connections to my tanks is somewhat open to the elements and if I were to drive on salted roads, there would be a very good chance that the salty spray would get onto the external connections and wiring. Now salt is highly conductive and will cause erroneous readings if allowed to. But this is just a passing thought.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.