Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2021, 12:10 AM   #10
macdaddy1111

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35m
State: North Carolina
THOR #13505
Hey Judge!

Tried everything! We have 2 black tanks and ran by FireFly!!!

Fill 3/4's on both with H20, drive to base dump 11 miles away, bounce all around, dump on base, fill both 3/4's back up, do the return run, dump at compound!

stick blaster down both, up exterior pipes!

all kinds of chemicals to Ice!

we have no stank, boss lady feeds it enzymes every dump.

Again, I have fire fly!

I would go take pic, but bedroom slide is getting all new everything! Free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
This are some other tricks we use to help keep the black tank and sensors as clean as possible.

After dumping and breaking camp we add some Calgon Water Softenor (almost impossible to find now since COVID hit) and Dawn along with a couple gallons of water. The Calgon makes the tank and sensor surfaces slick so nothing sticks to them. This mixture sloshes around while we drive home.

I also have the San-T-Flush system and I will fill the black tank with water at least once after dumping.... and sometimes twice.... to remove all solids from the tank. I can tell from my clear elbow I have installed on my hose. Some people will think I am wasting water but sorry.... I want a black tank that works properly and does not smell.

We have not had an issue with our black tank on two coaches doing both of the above procedures.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.