Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2021, 05:29 PM   #14
Campnjoe

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #19102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryllinmc View Post
We bought a brand new Thor Windsport 29M and have a serious issue with the black tank clogging all the time. If the RV sits level during camping, the solids fall into the black tank onto a ledge, they promptly back up and clog the toilet...which then burps "stuff" all over. Ultimately, I have to scour my campsite to find a stick to push the poo off the ledge into the tank! Thor is not willing to help us fix this problem.

I have seen other people on this forum with the same problem but no one has responded with how they fixed the problem. Is anyone out there who has had this problem and fixed it?? Using more water will help but is not an optimal solution as we like to dry camp a lot.
I have the same coach and I hate to tell you this but you have to use more water. Its the only thing we have found to work. Alternatively you could try and not flush your tp. We had some ok results with this. Also, we started dumping 5 gallons in from the toilet after we dump to clean off that ledge.

Its a horrible setup, but by using more water it works.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.