Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2021, 11:49 PM   #1
quantum

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Massachusetts
THOR #21704
Auto Gen start questions

Auto start questions.

My auto start control has test/start----off ----enable.

I lost shore power and the AC was on. I shut down the power pushed the Auto Gen start switch, the yellow light began flashing and the generator started.

That seemed fine. The AC reached temp and shut down as well as the generator shut off---I left the switch in the enable mode.

I lowered the thermostat to see if the auto gen woul start again when the AC called for it to go on.

Nothing. I can start the generator manually and it will activate all the 120 outlets go on and the AC will start. The generator will run until I hit the stop--this is the manual start switch on the upper panel

Am I correct that the auto start, when in the enable position the yellow light should blink when in the enable position and should start the generator automatically when the AC calls for it to start as well as when my house batteries need to be recharged?

Thanks

Any info will be great so I can sort out if I need to do a manual start . I am trying to eliminate a problem and hope it is me not correctly setting the switches. Heading home from Florida and need to spend a few nights boondocking so wanted to check in before I arrive back to cold weather. Here I ant to assure that the heater and the fridge are kept running when in auto and when needed

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum