Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 11:28 PM   #1
abcb4320

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo
State: California
THOR #22574
Power shade issues

I purchased a 2018 Palazzo 33.2 early 2020. The coach has tried to kill me several times already but I think we may have come to an understanding. Verdict is still out. That being said, I have an EZ up power privacy shade for the front window. I noticed it seemed to unravel a few inches while driving. Then, while driving on the freeway the shade dropped about 6 inches, then 8 more, then unraveled completely. At 65 miles an hour i had no visibility. I actually had to unbuckle the seatbelt and crawl over the dash to pull the shade over my head so i could see. Aside from a couple cars swerving violently out of the way I was shaken but not dead. I used zip ties to secure until I could get the coach serviced. The shade motor was replaced. And now, after only a couple months the shade is ratcheting down again. Does anyone have experience with this? Is there a set screw or fitting that might be missing to secure the motor into the shade gear? I've searched online for similar issues and not discovered any. Maybe i should just hire a priest and have an exorcism performed. Or maybe I'm just missing a screw...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum