Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2021, 11:21 PM   #26
alarmingfriend

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nevada
THOR #10325
Fridge removal

How do you get the fridge out. Our2018 Challengers freezer is cold but the fridge runs around 45 degrees and it’s set to the coldest setting.
We are full time so I have to be able to pull it the same day the repair tech comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schreinertms View Post
After our last camping trip, our Whirlpool residential refrigerator starting experiencing cooling issues. The refrigerator and freezer would get no colder than about 40-45 degrees. It was during a weekend in October in PA so wasn't weather related. Once we got home, I tested the fridge and confirmed that it was an issue with the unit and not power related. I also bought external temp sensors and confirmed that the unit was only getting into the 40's, both freezer and fridge. Luckily, my warranty still had several weeks left so I contacted Thor and they provided me with the number to call at Whirlpool for warranty service. Thor made it clear that the only thing they would cover is removal of the fridge from the cabinetry and Whirlpool would cover the refrigerator. Rather than waste time taking my coach to CW just to have them remove the fridge, my son and I did it ourselves. Not a big deal. So Whirlpool came out and confirmed the fridge has issues and ordered a new compressor but they weren't 100% sure it was a compressor issue. So two weeks after their first visit, they came back yesterday with a certified refrigerant tech and he confirmed the fridge leaked out most of the refrigerant. He did not replace the compressor instead vacuumed out all the remaining refrigerant and added all new with die. They will be coming back in 4 weeks to check the unit with a black light for leaks. While the tech was here, he noticed that if this fridge needed to be replaced, there is no easy way to get it out of the motorhome since the fridge is wider than the door by at least 3-4 inches. Whether or not you could take the door frame off and then get the fridge out is questionable. Nevertheless, the tech suggested that I get an extended warranty on the fridge so at least the issue of replacing it is less likely during the extended warranty period. For about $45 a year, I can get a 5 year extended warranty on the fridge which I plan to do very soon. Something to keep in mind if you have a fridge that may not be easily removed from your coach.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.