Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 12:25 PM   #37
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindysteve View Post
I'm trying to run kitchen appliances outside off the 20 amp receptacle on the post. I have an induction burner, a coffee pot, toaster. My RV has an outside kitchen, and I plan to make use of it, but don't want to take up all the amps available in the coach.
I'd expect any ONE of those in use at a time would be ok on a 15Amp 25 foot extension (and easily could be used on an RV 15amp circuit). Two at once would overheat the 15amp extension cord (or trip the RV 15amp breaker). Two on different cords or different circuits in the RV would be fine.

The label on the appliance will tell you actual watts - but using this reference: http://www.lowes.com/projects/pdfs/p...tage-chart.pdf - a coffee maker can be 1000 watts, a toaster can be 850 (a toaster OVEN can be 1200). Doesn't list an induction burner - but mine is 1300 watts (Nuwave).

As far as using the 'RV amps' - I am assuming the Ace 29.3 is a 30 amp coach? (based on the listing of a 4000 watt generator when I look it up.)
On a 30 amp coach, the draws would be the AC (can be 10-15amps), and 12v converter/charger (can be 10 amp range). I would assume hot water is propane only on (most) 30amp units.
So it is possible to exceed 30 with both AC, converter, and significant appliances... The extra line would avoid that. If not using the AC - plenty of amps available.

For a '50amp' unit - as discussed in this thread - on a properly wired pedestal (no adapters) - really have access to 100 amps (50 on EACH leg) - so the concern isn't total amps - but needs to be properly spread across the circuits (still individual 15amp breakers).
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum