Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 03:10 AM   #2
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabee View Post
I may have missed something here but I've wondered for a while how solar panels are attached to the roofs of motor homes. I don't have any intention of installing them on my MH- not now, anyway- but I would like to know- for future reference. I'm sure there must be more than one way to skin a cat- as the saying goes- and I'd like to hear about the range of (successful) methods. TIA. Ed.

Lots of folks use flexible panels and just glue them down. I chose to put a single 80W rigid panel on with “Z” brackets screwed into the aluminum rafters. Rigid panels last longer and mounting this way leaves an air space underneath which aids cooling. My one panel requires no attention and is more than adequate to keep both the house and chassis batteries topped up when in storage. I consider it one of the best things I’ve added to my coach.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum