Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2021, 06:37 PM   #12
lrplumb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: thor miramar bunk model
State: New York
THOR #14527
Be careful about hooking up wrong

I can't tell you where that wire should go but I want to throw a couple fo safety caveats out there. Hooking that wire up wrong could be both dangerous and very expensive .... get a Volt Ohm Meter if you don't ahve one for $10 and first check to see if there is any voltage present on that line - like 12.7 volts if it is hooked up to the positive side of your batteries. If no voltage is present when switching your assorted breakers on and off hook up the ohm meter and turn the breakers on and off- for example if that is the positive lead to your inverter with the breaker off it should show infinity ( very high resistance ), with breaker on should be quite low resistance. This would suggest it is a positive lead and should go to the positive on your battery.
You could also use your ohm meter to see if that wire is grounded ( would show very low resistance ). Tracing the wire if you can is your surest bet but that mightbe very difficult.
As an aside you have a fair amount of visible corrosion on all of your leads and you may want to wire brush the terminals and the batteries to make a good connection. I would consider after doing that using some type of battery terminal corrosion inhibitor. Good luck and let us know what you find...of course if another owner of a similar model sends you a pic you are golden.....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum