Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2021, 10:52 PM   #17
Chateau29Z

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 28Z
State: California
THOR #3430
Mystery wires

My 2013 château 28Z has a battery compartment that looks identical yours. The big difference is that it has 6 V deep cycle golf cart batteries wired in series. I am just in the process of replacing the batteries which were put in service June 2014. From all the information I can gather from the manual this was the original installation. My experience has shown that wiring 12 V batteries in parallel is a bad situation because as soon as one cell in the parallel loop gets bad it will discharge the whole system. One of my golf cart batteries was only putting out 2.3 V the other one was still over 6.4 but since they are seven years old nearly I didn’t figure that the good one was going to last that much longer. These batteries are a real challenge to get out and in because they are so heavy and the compartment doesn’t have a whole lot of extra room and you have to tip the battery a little bit to clear the outside lip. Besides that, the battery is quite heavy. I wish I could show a picture but I have already removed the wires.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.