Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Propane leak
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2021, 08:15 PM   #16
DogLovers

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Washington View Post
Okay so just got the propane tank filled and have noticed a small leak on the gauge on my tank. So obviously need to get the system in to check out completely. But since this is the threaded part can I just slightly tighten? Or put some sort of thread sealer on it? If that’s not an option best way to empty the tank without causing problems. Thanks for any advice.
One of these on the end of a Ratchet Wrench should fit. Try Harbor Freight Tools or another low cost tool store. Easiest way to drain the tank is open the valve just a tiny bit and let it leak out while everything in the RV is totally off and your parked away from everything. The right way is to have a propane dealer purge your tank.
Attached Images

Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.